We provide pre-op instruction to patients prior to oral and facial surgery in Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra Beach, Orange Park, and Jacksonville Beach, FL
Please note the following instructions if you are undergoing Intravenous general anesthesia or sedation:
- HAVE A COMPLETELY EMPTY STOMACH!
- If your surgery is scheduled for 12:00 noon or earlier, DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT OR DRINK, NOT EVEN WATER, after MIDNIGHT before your appointment.
- If your surgery is scheduled for later than 12:00 noon, you may have “clear” liquids up to, but not after, six (6) hours before surgery. “Clear” liquids include water, apple juice, and black coffee (no cream or sugar). Milk, orange juice,grapefruit juice and soft drinks / soda are NOT “clear” liquids and must be avoided. DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE to eat or drink.
- Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you at the time of your surgery. We REQUIRE that your escort remain in our office during your surgery and then be available to drive you home. It is against our office policy to send a patient home after being sedated in a cab or by any public transportation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but our first priority is the safety of our patients. Please make prior arrangements to leave small children at home.
- Remove your contact lenses, except Permalenses, before your appointment.
- Wear a short sleeved shirt and loose, comfortable clothing.
- Remove fingernail polish.
- If you take daily medications, please ask for specific instructions regarding
- As a courtesy to your doctor and our other patients, please turn off your cell
phone before entering the treatment area.
- If you were given prescriptions at your pre-op visit, please have them
filled prior to your surgery date.
- Following surgery your diet will consist of cool, soft foods the day of surgery, be sure to have ice cream, pudding, jello, etc. on hand.
Thank you for putting your trust in us. We wish to make your surgical appointment as pleasant and smooth as possible. Should any questions or concerns arise prior to your appointment, please contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.