Staff Updates 03/31/2020
We understand that these times are very trying and uncertain. We would like you to know that your health and financial well-being are our top concerns at this time. Please see the updates below for the most recent information regarding COVID-19.
- As a healthcare provider, we are excluded from the provision requiring employers to pay employees anything during this COVID-19 Pandemic. However, we have decided to continue to pay all staff 20 hours per week for the foreseeable future.
- We are not considering layoffs at this time.
- We have applied for every loan possible.
- Once the loan comes through that provides assistance with payroll and other expenses, we do anticipate that we will be able to offer 40 hours of pay to all FT employees.
- This loan should come through on or about May 1st, but this is not definitive.
- This loan should provide coverage for payroll purposes for a period of 8 weeks once it begins. The 20 hours each week now is not part of this coverage period. These hours are being offered by the partnership as a measure of good faith.
- NFOFS will pay all premiums due for medical insurance at this point and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- There are new guidelines under the COVID-19 Unemployment Regulations. It is our understanding that you may apply for unemployment assistance even while receiving partial pay from NFOFS. We have provided the link to apply for Unemployment assistance: click here.
- Attached here you will find an “Employee Rights” poster related to COVID-19 as provided by the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor. Click here to review. FFCRA Poster